3 ways to attract more visitors to your website
A website is a great way to attract new customers and increase the loyalty of existing ones. Unfortunately, it is often not so simple for new websites to attract visitors. But don’t panic! Here are 3 tools you can use to increase your visitor numbers.
Tool 1: SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which means you are going to modify your website to be found easier on Google.
It’s fair to say that just about everyone uses the Internet on a daily basis. According to a study by the Flemish Government, 94% of the population uses the Internet on a weekly basis and 90% even on a daily basis. Google is the favorite search engine globally. 92% of the population prefers Google to other search engines.
In other words, when people need something, in most cases they are going to consult Google. And then, of course, you want your website to come up first.
Now that we know why SEO is so important, it’s time to look at how you can apply it to your own website. Here are 3 tips to get started right away.
Tool 2: Content marketing
Content marketing involves trying to attract people to your website by providing interesting content. Think articles, blog posts and social media posts.
This marketing strategy works well because you immediately pique your customers’ interest. This increases the likelihood that they will come to your website and discover your business.
When you consistently post interesting content, customers will also revisit your website, which is exactly what you want. According to Forbes this strategy can even help you improve your website’s SEO, a real win-win!
2.1 Content marketing, how do you do it?
Everything starts, of course, with writing blogs that are interesting to your target audience. But afterwards, how do you get this content to them?
In theory, there are 3 ways to do content marketing:
1. Paid media: These are paid channels that you can use to spread your content. The most popular platforms are Google Ads, Meta Ads and LinkedIn Ads. On these platforms, you have the opportunity to set up a paid campaign to promote your content.
2. Owned media: Channels that you manage yourself, such as your website or social media channels where you can promote the content you have written with an accompanying link to your website.
3. Earned media: This is when you get to use someone else’s platform (for free) to promote your content. For example, link building, guest blogs (this is when you write a blog on someone else’s website) or when someone shares your post or article on one of their social media channels.
The most important thing in content marketing is that you write good content that falls within the area of interest of your target audience. Once written, place the content on your website and start sharing it. If you do this on a consistent basis, you see that more visitors will come to your website, and are more likely to stay there. And that the same visitors will even return to your website regularly.
Tool 3: Email Marketing
It took you effort to bring people to your website, it would be a shame if they didn’t return right? Email marketing can help you do just that!
Email marketing can make the difference between a one-time visitor and a returning visitor. Building an email list ensures that visitors who were previously on your website keep coming back to your website.
In marketing terms, we call this process lead nurturing. But how do you tackle something like this?
- Build your email list. You can do this by putting a contact form on your website where visitors can leave their email address. Or you can do this by asking customers who come by your store if they want to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Choose the platform from which you want to send your emails. A well-known and free option for this is Mailchimp. Mailchimp offers a large number of free templates that you can use for the layout of your email and is also quite easy to use.
- Write your email. Here it is especially important to choose a strong subject line so that the recipient will want to open the email. In addition, it is important to be short and sweet in the content of the email itself, so that the reader immediately knows what it is about.
- Choose a design. Nobody likes to read a boring-looking email, so choose a nice layout. Be sure to keep your brand colors in mind. For example, if your logo is white and red, be sure to use these colors in the layout of your email.
- Schedule your email. Most email marketing platforms offer the option to schedule the sending time of your email. You schedule the e-mail and the platform automatically sends it out to everyone on the email list at the planned time and date. Nice and easy!
Do you have a question about marketing your company? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
We will be in touch with you very shortly.